Is iPhone 12 the best overall value for your money?
Is this the 2021 smartphone you should purchase? With so many phones on the market, it can get a little confusing about what makes these devices different from each other.
A few days ago we posted a review of the latest iPhones, where we compared the powerful features available for each of these 4 devices (12, Mini, Pro, and Pro Max). But now comes the question. Which one is the best for me?
iPhone 12 and 12 mini
Our conclusion is the iPhone 12 and 12 mini are the two most affordable smartphones in the lineup. Both of them come with:
- Fantastic new design with amazing OLED displays: Super Retina XDR
- Exceptional performance powered by the Apple A14 Bionic processor
- Very reliable 12-megapixel cameras
- Supports 5G connectivity (available on all 4 models) for faster downloads and uploads, and better quality video streaming
- MagSafe (available on all 4 models): a built-in magnetic ring that is designed to work with a MagSafe charger and other magnetic accessories
- Price starts at $829 or $729 if you go with the mini version
|iPhone 12||iPhone 12 mini|
|$829 (64GB), $879 (128GB), $979 (256GB)||$729 (64GB), $779 (128GB), $879 (256GB)|
What about the Pro and Pro Max versions?
The other two Pro models are the highest-end and cost more. The features that separate these two incredible smart devices compared to the previous two are:
- Lidar scanner which allows you to scan and map your surroundings by firing out laser beams or to take better pictures in a low-light environment
- Better battery life, up to 17 hours of video playback
- Max storage: 512GB
- Price starts at $999 or $1,099 if you go with the Pro Max version
|iPhone 12 Pro||iPhone 12 Pro Max|
|$999 (128GB), $1,099 (256GB), $1,299 (512GB)||$1,099 (128GB), $1,199 (256GB), $1,399 (512GB)|
We think the iPhone 12 is one of the best phones made by Apple in a very long time. At a reasonable price, the only thing you’re losing out on versus the Pro models is the light detection and ranging mechanism (lidar scanner) which allows you to take better pictures and to scan your surroundings. You’re still getting a smartphone with a modern design and a gorgeous screen, the same exceptional performance, but with a little bit less battery life.
If you’re looking for a smaller phone, the 12 mini looks like a perfect match. It has exactly the same amazing features as the iPhone 12.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a bigger phone and you don’t mind spending a little bit more, the 12 Pro Max is also a good option. Some of the extra features will probably make the difference.